[Seaside-dev] Date>>daysInMonth:forYear: versus Month>>daysInMonth:forYear:

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Mon Sep 10 18:56:56 UTC 2007

Hi seaside-dev,

I've been removing the Squeak clashes with VW so that hopefully
ObjectStudio8 will also be able to use Seaside. Pretty much everything
works, there aren't many conflicts that are unreasonable - however, I've
hit one today that really is a problem.

The method daysInMonth:forYear: in Squeak assumes the month parameter is
a monthIndex. In VW it assumes the parameter is a monthName.

The Month class comes from Squeak, so it's been implement to take either
an monthIndex or a monthName. I want to avoid doing an override of the
VW base - there's only one place in base Seaside that explicitly calls
this on Date instead of Month - that's in WADateInput. WADateSelector
specifically calls it on Month.

Could we have a porting convention where daysInMonth:forYear: is only
ever called on Month instead of Date?

Michael