[Seaside-dev] Re: Squeak puzzle

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:08:51 UTC 2007

2007/9/13, Michel Bany <michel.bany at gmail.com>:

> On Sep 7, 2007, at 7:09 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>

> Hmm, this would add the image, sources and changes file. I don't think
>
> this is prudent. Can you describe the observed bug?
> Hi Philippe,
> When I run the following in a workspace on a Mac, I'm getting a debugger for
> 'subscript is out of bounds: 1'.
>  WAFileLibraryDemo addAllFilesIn: '.'
> This happens when trying to build a selector for the file named '.DS_Store'.

I see.

> The fix is just ignoring those files that are producing similar errors.

Sorry, silently swallowing errors is not an option for me so I changed
the semantics of
SeasidePlatformSupport >> #filesIn:
This is now documented in the comment.

> I was hoping to add a test for this fix that would not mark the package as
> dirty.

Seaside2.8a1-pmm.478

WAPlatformSpecificTest >> #testAddAllFilesIn
This is a very horrible test but:
- doesn't mark the package as dirty
- clears up the filesystem afterwards
- fails for Seaside2.8a1-pmm.476 (as it should)
- runs quite fast