[Seaside-dev] Porting RSRSS2 in VW

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 14:16:46 UTC 2007

2007/9/21, Kogan, Tamara <tkogan at cincom.com>:
> > > An attempt to read the page contents
> > >
> > > http://www.squeaksource.com/rsrss/
> > >
> > > gives me malformed XML  document from our XML parser. (The close tag
> for
> > li
> > > was not found)
> > >
> > > I am wondering if there is any intention to fix it.
> >
> > Fixed.
>
> Thanks.
>

> > Since this is your second request of this kind may I ask some
> > questions? You're obviously reading the page with some kind of XML
> > parser. I'd guess some sort of automated tool to create a package with
> > documentation (make sure you don't miss the Wiki as well). Since the
> > project description is "hand-made" html not generated by Seaside you
> > will get the same "quality" of XHTML like everywhere else in the web.
> > That means pretty crappy stuff that violates any sort of spec. You
> > might want to look into piping it through tidy to be sure you get well
> > formed and valid XHTML.
> >
> > And finally if you are looking to port RSRSS2 to VW - like with any
> > other package or even Seaside - you should really talk more to Michel
> > Bany. He's been doing this for quite some time now and has a lot of
> > experience.
>
> As a matter of fact we do work with Michel and he helped us a lot to
> port Seaside 2.8 components.

That's interesting. From what I can see Michel is working hard
preparing a Seaside 2.8 release on VW including addon libraries. You
seem to be doing the same. Since Michel is not part of the Cincom
Seaside Team I wonder if there is any kind of connection between what
you are doing and what Michel is doing. Or will we soon see two ports
of Seaside for VW, one from Michel and one from Cincom? Michel has
also contributed a lot of patches to upstream that among other things
make sure Seaside works fine on VW. I haven't yet seen anything like
this from the Seaside Team at Cincom.