[Seaside-dev] Porting RSRSS2 in VW

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Mon Sep 24 20:22:16 UTC 2007

> That's interesting. From what I can see Michel is working
> hard preparing a Seaside 2.8 release on VW including addon
> libraries. You seem to be doing the same. Since Michel is not
> part of the Cincom Seaside Team I wonder if there is any kind
> of connection between what you are doing and what Michel is
> doing. Or will we soon see two ports of Seaside for VW, one
> from Michel and one from Cincom? Michel has also contributed
> a lot of patches to upstream that among other things make
> sure Seaside works fine on VW. I haven't yet seen anything
> like this from the Seaside Team at Cincom.

Philippe,
Don't worry, I'm part of the Cincom Seaside team (I'm currently in
Cincinnati at an internal "Camp Seaside"). The hard work you could see
was actually the result of requests from the team. As a matter of fact
we are currently working on three VW ports of Seaside: two from myself
(2.7 and 2.8) and "one from Cincom" (2.8). The two ports from myself are
intended to keep users of the existing VW ports up-to-date until the
Cincom supported port is available.
Regarding committing to SqueakSource, I'm the only one from the Cincom
Seaside team who has formally agreed to the MIT licensing so far.
Cheers,
Michel.