[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-lr.62

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:17:47 UTC 2008

Thanks Philippe for the in-depth testing.

> WACacheTest clicking the links of increases a continuation count only
>  the second time, often clicking a link will reduce "foreign"
>  continuations. Might be a GC effect.
>  an explaining text couldn't hurt

Yes, and the list item EscapeContinuation should could be removed, as
it is not needed anymore.

>  WACallbackTest 'Side Effect' doesn't seem to work because I see no
>  different to 'Idempotent'
>  an explaining text couldn't hurt

It looks to me like it works. But frankly I don't understand that test
as well. What are the links and the counter needed for? I think the
only thing that is tested here is the order of the textInput
callbacks, and that the cancel has a higher priority. Who wrote that
test?

>  WAColusreTest, I'm not sure if 'go with ensure' does the right thing (tm)
>  the back button behavior seems broken
>  'ensure' -> 1a -> 'ensure' -> back-button to the first ensure -> 1a ->
>  1a -> 1a -> ...
>  an explaining text couldn't hurt

It looks ok to me, but we have to check how the behavior was in
earlier versions of Seaside.

>  WACookieTest the remove button removes only the value

Looks like it works to me. You are the expert on cookies, I usually
just eat them ;-)

>  WAErrorTest couldn't test, test will follow

I tested it, it should work.

>  no idea what WAHomeTest home test should do

I will add a comment. It tests that sending #home to a component
clears all its delegates.

>  WATableReportTest broken in my image

Why? It works in my image.

It is probably a bit early now, but would it make sense to move all
the continuation based stuff into a separate package? Something like
Seaside-Flow-Core/Seaside-Flow-Tests? Like this, Smalltalk vendors
without a first-class execution-stack don't need to load that part of
Seaside. Of course, not loading Seaside-Flow, will result in a big
loss of features.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch