[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-dkh.65

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Mon Mar 3 08:02:26 UTC 2008

> I see. I hope you understand that these long feedback loops are a
> problem for us. We have heard hints about what you would like to have
> changed for half a year now without anything concrete. There is a
> certain risk that Seaside changed enough in the mean time that you'll
> have to redo some of your work for Seaside 2.9.

I'm also going to stop updating the port until it restabilizes; I hope
that the project issue tracking helps making my suggestions concrete
too, but I understand that a longer feedback loop can be
counterproductive to that.  I think the situation is the same for Cincom.

Anyway, porting to GNU Smalltalk from scratch was one or two days of
part-time work, with only a handful of bugs showing up after SUnit tests
were clean, so it should not be that bad. :-)

Paolo