[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-dkh.65

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:10:51 UTC 2008

2008/3/3, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu.org>:

>  > I see. I hope you understand that these long feedback loops are a
>  > problem for us. We have heard hints about what you would like to have
>  > changed for half a year now without anything concrete. There is a
>  > certain risk that Seaside changed enough in the mean time that you'll
>  > have to redo some of your work for Seaside 2.9.
>

> I'm also going to stop updating the port until it restabilizes; I hope
>  that the project issue tracking helps making my suggestions concrete
>  too, but I understand that a longer feedback loop can be
>  counterproductive to that.  I think the situation is the same for Cincom.

I hope the module layout we have for Seaside 2.9 will make updating
the port in the future simpler now that you did the initial work.

>  Anyway, porting to GNU Smalltalk from scratch was one or two days of
>  part-time work, with only a handful of bugs showing up after SUnit tests
>  were clean, so it should not be that bad. :-)

Honestly I was very impressed by the number of bugs you reported and
even more so by the amount of fixes you contributed. IMHO the GST port
made Seaside better. Thanks for that.