[Seaside-dev] about going alpha

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 12:41:29 UTC 2008

Hi

It's about a year since we released Seaside 2.8 and we still don't
have much to such in terms of Seaside 2.9. I would really like to have
an alpha out so that people have something they can provide feedback
on. My fear is that people want to put every conceivable refactoring
and clean up in Seaside 2.9. If we continue like this we'll never have
a release. This must stop. Especially if it introduces non fixed
blockers like the WACache refactoring.

Lets quickly get trough the list of open issues marked for alpha:

Issue 48
IMHO not a must have for an alpha. Messing around with cookies should
be pretty rare in Seaside. I can implement the suggested fix but I
need someone to review it. I especially need input on comment 4.

Issue 100
IMHO not a must have for an alpha or even 2.9.

Issue 104
IMHO not a must have for an alpha or even 2.9.

Issue 124
Julian, do it. Although it IMHO does not have to happen absolutely for an alpha.

Issue 132
Absolutely critical. Relates to Issue 124.

Issue 163
What is left here?

Issue 165
Do it now or later.

Issue 168
As described in comment and mails. If nobody has any opinion on this
I'll just do as I please. This means prefixing the categories with
Seaside- and naming the versions 2.8.999.alpha1.

Issue 174 - 178
You guys did it, you fix and test it.

Issue 190
Low prio and must have for alpha don't go together.

Not responding means agreeing. Otherwise we get nowhere.