[Seaside-dev] about going alpha

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 13:29:29 UTC 2008

>  Issue 48
>  IMHO not a must have for an alpha. Messing around with cookies should
>  be pretty rare in Seaside. I can implement the suggested fix but I
>  need someone to review it. I especially need input on comment 4.

I don't care about cookies.

>  Issue 100
>  IMHO not a must have for an alpha or even 2.9.
>
>  Issue 104
>  IMHO not a must have for an alpha or even 2.9.

Yes, but this might break API compatibility.

>  Issue 124
>  Julian, do it. Although it IMHO does not have to happen absolutely for an alpha.
>
>  Issue 132
>  Absolutely critical. Relates to Issue 124.

I think this is solved.

http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/LoadOrder

>  Issue 168
>  As described in comment and mails. If nobody has any opinion on this
>  I'll just do as I please. This means prefixing the categories with
>  Seaside- and naming the versions 2.8.999.alpha1.

I don't think that the Universe approach works. Nobody is using
Universes (with the exception of Web-Dev Image maker) and this makes
image for a deployment, what should I do then?

>  Issue 174 - 178
>  You guys did it, you fix and test it.

After his weekends papers are out, sure.

>  Issue 190
>  Low prio and must have for alpha don't go together.

Agree.

>  Not responding means agreeing. Otherwise we get nowhere.

Why the sudden hurry?

Much more critical are the broken WATask features, that you don't even
list in your mail.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch