[Seaside-dev] nested form handling

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Oct 6 20:18:47 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> writes:

Lukas> As I said, you might want to create your own WAFormBrush subclass.
Lukas> This is very unlikely to become default or go into the core though,
Lukas> normally one should care where the forms go.

I do care.  And I also want to create reusable components.  I realize these
are in conflict.  What I need is support in the core for this, since I need a
potential user of my reusable component to notify me when he's already created
an outer form, so that I try to live within his canvas.

So, consider it a bug if WAFormBrush doesn't leave state in the canvas that
we're already within a form.  And ignore whomever might need to know that.
Pretend my silly reusable components don't exist.

Or, if it's already possible, can you help me know what the test would be?

  renderContentOn: html

    (html ifWeAreAlreadyWIthinAForm) "what goes here"
       ifFalse: [html form: self].
    ... rest of render here ...