[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside] How to show the errors produced when a SUEvaluator is used ?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:29:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how this stuff works but do we not return an Internal
>> Error response for an AJAX request? If so, can't that just be detected
>> client-side and something be done with the response contents? Maybe
>> that's what #onFailure: does though...
>
> Yes, #onFailure: looks at the error code. The walkbacks should
> therefore all set a propre response code, I don't they currently do
> that.

You're right... the walkback handler doesn't (the rest do). Can I just
add "self requestContext response internalError" in
#renderContentsOn:? Is that a valid mechanism for that now?

>> Is there some way to give Scriptaculous a default error handler?
>
> Yes, #responders.
>
>> Perhaps we could then provide some way of registering something that
>> did a lightbox with the error or something...
>
> I know of a few apps where something like this wouldn't work, because
> there is JavaScript code that handles all the server interaction.

Ok, but that doesn't mean we can't provide a (very) easy way for
people to set it up for the apps where it does work.