[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside] How to show the errors produced when a SUEvaluator is used ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 09:35:12 UTC 2008

> I'm not sure how this stuff works but do we not return an Internal
> Error response for an AJAX request? If so, can't that just be detected
> client-side and something be done with the response contents? Maybe
> that's what #onFailure: does though...

Yes, #onFailure: looks at the error code. The walkbacks should
therefore all set a propre response code, I don't they currently do
that.

> Is there some way to give Scriptaculous a default error handler?

Yes, #responders.

> Perhaps we could then provide some way of registering something that
> did a lightbox with the error or something...

I know of a few apps where something like this wouldn't work, because
there is JavaScript code that handles all the server interaction.

Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch