[Seaside-dev] Seaside application with HTTPS

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:23:53 UTC 2009

2009/7/6 Christopher Schuster <cs at livoris.de>:
>> I would prefer this option over having multiple subclasses.
>
> Alright, I will use a scheme instance variable then. Is this specific to
> my application or should it be committed to Seaside?

I think it is generally useful. Please open an issue at:
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list
 I'll ask Lukas to give you commit rights to the repository.

> The header "X-Forwarded-For" exposes the IP addresses and not the
> original protocol.

:-(
Do you know whether (Fast/S)CGI could get this information besides
making an educated guess based on the sever port?

> In my opinion there are at least two different ways
> with apache:
>
>  - Rewrite HTML links with mod_proxy_html [1]
>  - Add custom headers with mod_headers [2]

ProxyVia is only supported on forward proxies?

> Too bad that there is no standard for this header.
>
> BTW: it would be possible to circumvent this problem if all html links
> were relative.

Indeed.