[Seaside-dev] Client certificate verification and load-balancing with AJP13

Christopher Schuster cs at livoris.de
Sat Jun 20 19:01:41 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I wanted to verify a client certificate in my Seaside application and
realized, that there is already an issue in Seaside that will solve this
problem, too.

I've started work on this issue and now finally managed to use Seaside with
AJP13. I've based my implementation on Comanche to reuse small portions of the
code. If you interested you can check out the code and some screenshots at:

http://www.squeaksource.com/KomAjpServer.html

What works:
 - Accessing X509 client certificate in Seaside (see Seaside-Examples-AJP)
 - Load-balancing multiple seaside applications with apache2 and lighttpd

What does not work:
 - sticky session (should work out-of-the-box, but there are still problems)

Two questions:
 - can this code be integrated into the official Seaside code base?
 - if yes, is the dependency to Comanche a problem?

I've tried to comply with the official seaside code style, tests and so on.
Any comments, improvements or critics are welcome!

Cheers,
Christopher