[Seaside-dev] WAStreamedResponse vs WABufferedResponse

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Mon Jun 22 18:15:44 UTC 2009

Hi All,

When you're using the Comet stuff, how do you configure the server to
use the WAStreamedResponse. Do you start a second http server for the
streamed version or do you configure your main http server to use
streaming instead of buffering?

Right now in Seaside 2.9 in VW7.7 we have a global switch to swap
between buffering/streaming - but we could instead change it so that VW
starts up two servers on different ports, one for buffering and one for
streaming.

Ideally, it'd be better off somehow Seaside could determine what kind of
response it needs instead of having the adaptor decide up front.. but
I'd like to know what the best approach is right now..

Cheers,
Michael