[Seaside-dev] Client certificate verification and load-balancing with AJP13

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 16:23:42 UTC 2009

2009/6/23 Christopher Schuster <cs at livoris.de>:
> On Sunday 21 June 2009 18:31:59 Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> > What does not work:
>> >  - sticky session (should work out-of-the-box, but there are still
>> > problems)
>>
>> There is also [1] which does sticky sessions. It currently does not do
>> multipart parsing and has not been updated for the latest Seaside 2.9
>> versions. Nobody was showing any interest so I wasn't pushing it.
>
> This is interesting. It would be great if you can grant me reading access to
> the repository. Maybe there are some features that will be useful for me and
> can be joined into KomAJPServer.

Sure, done. The sticky session stuff in the SeasideCluster project and
ideally should work out of the box. The trick is to add a jvmRoute to
each Squeak image and append it to the session id after a dot and
configure the mod_proxy_ajp to use _s session id.

>> >  - can this code be integrated into the official Seaside code base?
>>
>> As for the adapter, once it has been used in
>> anger, sure why not?
>
> I see. The library will be used for an internal application in the next
> months. Depending on the stability and the implementation of sticky sessions
> it may be useful for other Seaside developers.

Sticky sessions should be the simplest part.