[Seaside-dev] retry actions cant reach session

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Mar 10 22:04:51 UTC 2009

hi there,
I'm debugging right now (no solutoin yet) an issue about not having the session
reacheable when retrying an action of the app.

As you may know transactions are to solve concurrence so when sh*it happens you
just retry the action.
In seaside 2.8 that is handled perfectly well in ODBSSession. It does that by
handling a series of database exceptions in which you make the thing just to
retry. After N retries the thing gives up and complains to the user.

With 2.9, in the filter, I'm trying to achieve the same. The problem is about
components that are reaching the current request context but it's returning nil
when they ask for the session.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but action retries in the same request where not
taken in mind while designing request handling in seaside 2.9. So I'm starting
to be nostalgic about the simplicity of WACurrentRequest.

I don't get when/where the request context start to know the session. Any
pointers to clarify/solve this will be very much appreciated,
thanks,

sebastian