[Seaside-dev] Re: JQueryInstance>>id

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:45:42 UTC 2009

> The "id" of a JQueryInstance object is stored as first element
> in its arguments collection (see JQueryInstance>>id: method)
> and by default there is no accessor to retrieve the original
> id again.

As you can see in the jQuery documentation
(http://docs.jquery.com/Core) there are 4 distinct cases of what can
be stored in the arguments collection of the JQueryInstance object: a
CSS selector (String), a HTML string (String), a array of elements
(Array or JQueryInstance) or a function (Object).

I think that it is not appropriate to add an #id read accessor as in
most cases it will be impossible to get it back, unless you exactly
know what and how you set it in your particular context.

PS: Could you please post such requests to
seaside-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org, so that it can be discussed
with the community?

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch