[Seaside-dev] JQuery-Core

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:40:55 UTC 2009

This was also a problem with Seaside 2.8. As far as I remember
compressing and obfuscating the Javascript sources solved the problem.
Seaside 2.9 comes with full sources as well, something that is
especially useful while developing and debugging.

For deployment we suggest to use external files anyway. Many people
don't bother. That's why we include both versions.

Just splitting the strings would be a solution, however since the
Javascript libraries get frequently updated I am afraid that this will
be a re-occurring problem. Would it be a possibility for you to split
the strings while loading the code? Paolo is also applying a series of
transformations to the loaded code for GST, for example to convert
floats into the right format.

What is the current maximum size of a string? It would be cool to
write a Lint rule so that we know what parts are affected.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch