[Seaside-dev] What is our Mission Statement?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:31:10 UTC 2009

> I get you want to comunicate what things it does not do but please communicate
> it without the middle east sarcasm.

I removed the "what it is not" part. It does not add much value.

> ok about the draft but it has not a mission on it. It has a description of what
> the artifact is.

The mission is "Seaside provides a layered set of abstractions over
HTTP and HTML that let one build highly interactive web applications
quickly, reusably and maintainably."

This is a slightly modified sentence comes from the early days of
Seaside 2.0. It sets a clear context (web applications) and a clear
goal (quickly, reusably, maintainably). The new thing here is only
that it is declared as the mission statement. People know these words
and won't be surprised reading them.

The rest is a refinement of the above. It declares what the main
contributors want to achieve and persist in the current development
cycle. New directions for the future would be something else, I
believe.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch