[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 3.0: Seaside-Core-dkh.588.mcz

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:21:25 UTC 2009

Hey Dale,

Just FYI, if you merge a diverged branch into a modified working copy,
it means we can't see what changes you made and which were the result
of the merge. We generally try to commit first and then do the merge
in a separate commit. It *is* safe to merge, though, in the special
case where your working copy's ancestor is an ancestor of the version
you are merging (in this case, your WC's ancestry will be updated to
point to the merged-in version instead of its old parent).

That is, you can safely merge before committing when it looks like this:

jf.3

jf.2 --- WC

jf.1

But not when it looks like this:

jf.3

jf.2 --- lr.3 --- WC

jf.1

To be safe, you can just always commit your changes first and then merge.

Also, what about using #isEmpty (or #notEmpty) here?

Julian