[Seaside-dev] CGI variables

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Nov 21 23:58:59 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Carlos" == Carlos Crosetti <carlos at mostar.com.ar> writes:

Carlos> 1) how do I read the CGI variables?

Since CGI isn't involved, there are no "CGI variables".

If you mean where can you see various parts of the request,
you can get to the WARequest object, parts of which are abstracted
away already as part of the response sequence.

Carlos> 2) when ssl is enabled, are the client-identiry related variables
Carlos> auto.detected?

Generally, you'll handle that in your web proxy, rather than with Smalltalk
directly (the smalltalk leg always being http).  I'm not sure what provisions
you'll have to proxy that through, other than trusting your proxy is not lying
to you.