[Seaside-dev] Mason for Seaside 3.0?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Sep 11 18:54:58 UTC 2009

On 11-Sep-09, at 11:40 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Anyway, I haven't looked at Mason in detail and was wondering if
> there might be anything required beyond providing the above
> groupings...

Lukas was playing with Mason a bit at ESUG and ran into this same
issue - given a list of packages, how do you get Mason to load the
latest versions into an image? Right now there isn't any built-in
support for that, but it's a pretty straightforward addition. The
thing to do is write a Product that takes the list and figures out
what the correct targets are. (Products are a new addition to Mason,
so there aren't many of them written yet.)

Right now I'm working on a Product that figures out the packages based
on MC dependencies. If no one beats me to it, I'll do this lastest-
version-of-the-packages Product next.

BTW, I took a look at Metacello with an eye toward a Mason product
that loads a Metacello release into an image, but got a bit confused
as to how to accomplish that without pillaging the internal state of
Metacello specs. I was hoping to tap your brain one of these days.

Colin