[Seaside-dev] [Dolphin] Use of Delay on CTPusher class>>startUp and pingProcess

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:35:07 UTC 2009

> Hmm... but you understand why there *should* be a problem, right?

No.

> I mean I haven't tested this very thoroughly or even looked at the
> code. I just got subclass should implement error when I updated Comet
> before Pharo-Comet (which is the order we use everywhere else). I
> don't know why it would have been working before and not now.

Aha, now I understand. In your image the ping process was already
running when you updated the code. Then you got a mismatch between
Comet-Core and Comet-Pharo-Core. Since normally when loading the
packages the Comet ping process is not running, there should be no
problem loading the code.

> Is there something wrong with doing it when the server adaptor starts,
> though? I think we should be avoiding class-side initialize methods
> whenever possible anyway...

There is no class-side initialize method involved into this. Comet
only registers for image startUp/shutDown, but it does not do anything
else.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch