[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 3.0: Seaside-Tools-Web-obi.18.mcz

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:51:13 UTC 2009

I really like the new configuration interface. It seems to be much
easier to navigate than the old one.

There are a few technical issues I discovered:

- WADispatcherCommand is in the WAPlugin hierarchy but it has a
completely different naming convention than the rest of the classes. I
suggest to stick with the existing naming conventions, e.g.
WA${Action}DipatcherPlugin

- There are several senders of #ifNotNil: with an argument. This is
not portable.

- Otherwise the code looks extremely clean and works very well.

- The configuration interface of a particular application is no longer restful.

- WADispatcherBrowser is using a different infrastructure. Maybe we
want to merge that?

For the design I also have some comments:

- The navigation of the dispatcher tree is not really intuitive to me.
When clicking on '+' something unexpected happens.

- The help button is an excellent idea, but instead of toggling it on
and off it would probably be more convenient just to have a tooltip or
open the text in a separate popup window. If there is no help, the
help buttons shouldn't be displayed at all.

- The buttons on the +/-/up/down are not really intuitive. I suggest
that we use the same icon-set as we do for the halos.

- In general the design feels a bit boxy (old) to me. If you don't
mind I'll have a look at the CSS?

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch