[Seaside-dev] New ConfigurationOfSeaside30 avalable

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Tue Jan 12 20:11:32 UTC 2010

I've updated the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 (version 3.0.0-alpha5.5 in http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository.html) to be loadable in a Squeak3.10.2-Trunk-090912 and  PharoCore-1.0-10505rc1 (i.e., no need to preload OB or RefactoryBrowser). It's been working that way in GLASS for a while.

To make that work I added Squeak configurations to
  ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
  ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser
  ConfigurationOfShout (used by GemTools)

By default when you request a load, the OB-based ('Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser') and RefactoringBrowser-based packages ('Seaside-Slime') are _not_ loaded:

  (ConfigurationOfSeaside30   project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.5') load.

If you want them loaded, you'll need to explicitly request those packages:

  (ConfigurationOfSeaside30   project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.5')
    load: #( 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-Slime' 'Seaside-Tests-Slime' ).

A question for the Seaside folks...would you prefer that those packages be loaded by default (and by extension the OB and RefactoringBrowser as well)?

I also need to to update the configuraion to the latest set of package versions and I can make both changes at the same time.