[Seaside-dev] Re: [Metacello] New ConfigurationOfSeaside30 avalable

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:47:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henrichs at gemstone.com> wrote:
> If you want them loaded, you'll need to explicitly request those packages:
>
>  (ConfigurationOfSeaside30   project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.5')
>    load: #( 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-Slime' 'Seaside-Tests-Slime' ).
>
> A question for the Seaside folks...would you prefer that those packages be loaded by default (and by extension the OB and RefactoringBrowser as well)?

My personal opinion:

I don't think Slime is necessary unless you are developing Seaside (or
intending your application to be portable) so it doesn't need to get
loaded, necessarily. The OB Tools are being presented as the main way
to start/stop/configure adaptors, though, and I think add enough value
to be loaded by default.