[Seaside-dev] P2P CMS/PM system with SeaSide and TeaTime

Aran Dunkley aran at organicdesign.co.nz
Mon Jan 10 23:12:27 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm part of a development team who are helping an organisation to
architect a free CMS based project-management system that they want to
work in a P2P network rather than using a centralised web-server.

We've researched existing CMS's such as Plone to see if they could be
modified to operate on top of a DHT but found that they rely too heavily
on querying methodologies that are incompatible with the P2P paradigm.

I talked to the OpenCobalt developers and they were very positive about
the feasibility of the idea and gave me a lot of good advice and links
to check out including Seaside which seems like it could the ideal
technology to build our system in.

We have a specific application in mind that we'd like to develop which
is a project-management/workflow environment running in a CMS with some
other standard tools such as wiki/blog, but rather than a web-server
we'd be using a local P2P app as the backend. I'm wondering what you
guys, the Seaside developers think of the idea of extracting the TeaTime
P2P aspect of OpenCobalt and running Seaside on it so we could build P2P
browser-based applications?

We have a good budget available for this and will be developing it as a
completely free open source system, so we'd also like to hear from
developers who may be interested in working on the project too.

Thanks a lot,
Aran