[Seaside-dev] P2P CMS/PM system with SeaSide and TeaTime

Aran Dunkley aran at organicdesign.co.nz
Wed Jan 12 19:18:05 UTC 2011

The application would be from the users perspective no different than
using any other web-based CMS/PM tool, in fact there would be an
instance running on a normal server so that people who haven't
downloaded the p2p app can still use the system too.

People who have downlaoded the p2p app would see the same thing, but the
domain would resolve to localhost and the browser content sould be
served by the p2p app.

So the app itself would be served by a local squeak/seaside to each
local browser, but the persistent storage (apart from cached items etc)
would be a DHT and/or some other p2p synchronising technology.

We have a method which we're writing into our spec to allow network
queries such as "top ten most recent posts in project X" to be work
without having to wait for responses from many peers.

A big part of our application involves being able to build simple
workflow sequences which can be nested to build more complex functionality.

I may be wrong but it seems like this application (apart from the p2p
aspect) would be a very natural fit for squeak and Seaside.

If necessary we can build the p2p part of the system ourselves, but
obviously we'd prefer to work with as many existing components as we can.