[Seaside-dev] session tracking refactoring: all tests green

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 12:47:44 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm happy to report that the session tracking refactoring in the WIP
repository [1] is mostly done. Have a look at
WAHandlerTrackingStrategy to get started. The missing things are:
 - more tests
 - class comments
 - WARegistryKeyHandlingTest and WAApplicationKeyHandlingTest need to
be refactored, there are some nonsensical tests there like two
sessions, one identified by a query field and one by a cookie
 - configuration with the admin UI is broken, see previous mail

A small side effect is that WARegistry uses '_s' as well to track
things instead of '_key'. Since it isn't used anyway I didn't bother
to preserve this behavior. This obviously breaks all users of
#useCookies and I also had to delete some deprecated methods on
WARegistry. This bears the question do we merge it anyway or do we
start with 3.1?

 [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideWip