[Seaside-dev] session tracking refactoring: all tests green

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 08:11:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm happy to report that the session tracking refactoring in the WIP
> repository [1] is mostly done. Have a look at

I'll take a look.

> WAHandlerTrackingStrategy to get started. The missing things are:
>  - more tests
>  - class comments
>  - WARegistryKeyHandlingTest and WAApplicationKeyHandlingTest need to
> be refactored, there are some nonsensical tests there like two
> sessions, one identified by a query field and one by a cookie

Why is that a nonsensical test? It happens any time someone clicks on
a link/bookmark and also has a cookie from a previous session hanging
around...

>  - configuration with the admin UI is broken, see previous mail
>
> A small side effect is that WARegistry uses '_s' as well to track
> things instead of '_key'. Since it isn't used anyway I didn't bother
> to preserve this behavior. This obviously breaks all users of

I don't think that should be hardcoded. First, the _s clearly implies
"session"; second, registries could easily be nested so having a
hardcoded key sucks.

> #useCookies and I also had to delete some deprecated methods on
> WARegistry. This bears the question do we merge it anyway or do we
> start with 3.1?

I've broken #useCookies as well in my experiments. It would end up
being an attribute of the session request filter instead of the
application.