[Seaside-dev] Server configuration questions

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Jul 1 22:42:26 UTC 2013

On 02 Jul 2013, at 00:11, "Phil (list)" <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sven,
>
> On Jul 1, 2013, at 4:01 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
>> Both can be done with ZnZincServerAdaptor.
>>
>> Make sure that you load the latest Zn code and have a look at
>>
>> 	ZnSeasideZincServerAdaptorDelegate class>>#installInServer:underPrefix:
>>
>> 	ZnServer>>#bindingAddress:
>>
>> So first you would create and configure a ZnServer, bound to #[127 0 0 1], then install the right delegate in it, and finally start it.
>>
>> Now, this is non standard stuff, so you it might require some tweaking and/or debugging ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sven
>>

> Thank you... that works quite nicely!

Great !

> One minor edit is that ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate was the class for the delegate but it was otherwise very straightforward.  Seaside is now listening only on loopback at /seaside but I noticed that Zinc is still listening at / and serving up some default content:
>
> "Zn
> Zinc HTTP Components
>
> Welcome to Zinc HTTP Components, a modern, open-source Smalltalk framework to deal with the HTTP networking protocol.
>
> Project homepage http://zn.stfx.eu
> Locally available pages /help
> May the Source be with you!"
>
> Any suggestions on how to get rid of that and any other default paths (not sure if it serves up any admin/stats pages like Apache can) Zinc might respond to?

Zinc does have indeed a number of such pages, try /help for a listing, /status is one of them.

I thought you liked them ;-)

Anyway, what #installInServer:underPrefix: does is add a /seaside handler/path/route to the existing handlers/paths/routes of the ZnDefaultServerDelegate inside the ZnServer. What you need to do is play with those: either remove existing ones (prefixMap removeAll before installing) or replace the whole delegate, but I haven't tried that last one myself.

Sven

PS: #logToTranscript and #debugMode: true can be helpful to see what is going on.