[Seaside-dev] Server configuration questions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 22:11:22 UTC 2013

Sven,

On Jul 1, 2013, at 4:01 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Both can be done with ZnZincServerAdaptor.
>
> Make sure that you load the latest Zn code and have a look at
>
> 	ZnSeasideZincServerAdaptorDelegate class>>#installInServer:underPrefix:
>
> 	ZnServer>>#bindingAddress:
>
> So first you would create and configure a ZnServer, bound to #[127 0 0 1], then install the right delegate in it, and finally start it.
>
> Now, this is non standard stuff, so you it might require some tweaking and/or debugging ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Sven

Thank you... that works quite nicely!  One minor edit is that ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate was the class for the delegate but it was otherwise very straightforward.  Seaside is now listening only on loopback at /seaside but I noticed that Zinc is still listening at / and serving up some default content:

"Zn
Zinc HTTP Components

Welcome to Zinc HTTP Components, a modern, open-source Smalltalk framework to deal with the HTTP networking protocol.

Project homepage http://zn.stfx.eu
Locally available pages /help
May the Source be with you!"

Any suggestions on how to get rid of that and any other default paths (not sure if it serves up any admin/stats pages like Apache can) Zinc might respond to?

Thanks,
Phil