[Seaside-dev] Configuration JQueryWidgetBox

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Jul 22 15:07:33 UTC 2013

On 22 Jul 2013, at 13:29, Diego Lont <diego.lont at delware.nl> wrote:

> I removed the "3.1.0-pharo" and "3.1.0-gemstone" versions from seaside because they triggered an interesting bug / feature in monticello: because the config is empty (the gemstone one on pharo and visa versa), it is the current loaded version. And because 3.1.0-pharo >= 3.1.0 >= 3.0.8, it causes the wrong version to load, when you refer to it from a different configuration.

I wonder if all these methods should have their 'version' pragma removed.
It seems strange to me to define these methods as versions. I guess this was done in an attempt to separate the large configuration into parts _and_ use Metacello's inclusion mechanism to recompose it.
Although it's a bit of a hack, I also think it's better to recompose the configuration by using plain message sends.

> The location of the sources is still squeak source, as not all sources are present on smalltalkhub (and I don't have such a nice script as Johan to duplicate all sources).

It's not my script either. I just use the one from the main page of squeaksource :-)
I think Torsten moved the repository but the script easily allows me to copy all non-moved commits too. Will check that.

Johan