[Seaside-dev] Seaside Configuration in 2.0

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:05:07 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Diego Lont <diego.lont at delware.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Testing the configuration of Seaside30 version 3.1.0 still give some errors. Here is a complete list. Please suggestions!
>
> In Pharo 2.0, I still have the following tests not in the green:
>         1) there is a deprecation warning about "includeSubString:". In Pharo 2 the spelling changed. This is on several place.

Yes, this is known. Since we only have four senders, switching to
#indexOfSubCollection:startingAt: (which is ANSI) is probably the way
to go.

>         2) In grease the tests are red, because the package Grease-Pharo-Core is renamed to Grease-Pharo20-Core, and Grease-Pharo-Continuation depends on this package.

Yes the package verification code has no been updated to deal with the
optional Pharo20 packages.

>         3) There is an issue in the UTF8 converter, something about the shortest form.

That's an expected failure and should therefore be in
#expectedFailures. It's a limitation of the Squeak/Pharo UTF-8 support
[1]. My understanding is people don't want to implement this because
Java follows the standard [2].

> In Pharo 1.4 I also have some problems:
>         4) There is no GRCountingStream. There is a test, that tests the functionality of this class.

That should be in Grease-Pharo-Core, what gets loaded?

>         5) The encoder tests fail here, because some messages to the test class give a "does not understand"

Which messages to which classes?

 [1] http://www.unicode.org/versions/corrigendum1.html
 [2] https://blogs.oracle.com/xuemingshen/entry/the_big_overhaul_of_java