[Seaside-dev] Re: Seaside VM differences

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:40:02 UTC 2015

Paul,

On Thu, 2015-04-09 at 18:17 -0700, Paul DeBruicker wrote:
> There isn't a VM built specifically for Seaside.  In the All-In-One's the
> stable VM for each platform is included at the time of the release.  It
> could be (rather likely) that they've diverged in a meaningful way since the
> Seaside release you're using.  For the next release the all-in-one (if it is
> built) will include the latest stable VM for Pharo or Squeak.
>
> BTW - Which all-in-one are you talking about?  The Pharo all-in-one from
> here: http://seaside.st/download/pharo or the Squeak based one from here:
> http://www.squeak.org/Seaside ?

Thanks for your reply as it caused me to investigate further and this
doesn't appear to be specific to the Seaside image/VM after all (Seaside
was just where I noticed the issue.)  A little more digging found that a
base Pharo image has the same behavior (using the VM from
http://www.seaside.st/distributions/Seaside-3.1-OneClick-Pharo2.zip both
the Pharo and Seaside images work as expected) so this appears to be an
issue related to the Cog VM and I've reported it on vm-dev.

Phil