Squeak and Seaside, FYI (was Re: [Seaside-dev] GRPackage class >> packages)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Oct 5 22:04:59 UTC 2015

Hi all, Hi Chris,

On 05.10.2015, at 17:18, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think it’s best that you start working with 3.2
>
> Agree.  Please forgive my ignorance with Metacello, but what is the
> easiest way to do that?  I added
> 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside32/main' to my Monticello
> repositories, and I see about 15 packages with new versions in there,
> I could try loading them one-by-one.
>
> But, before I do that, I thought I would check with you first to see
> if there's some script I can do which will merge 3.2 (hopefully
> without stomping my local changes to existing packages).

For your reference:

On 18.09.2015, at 18:19, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> [private mail by chris]

> Seaside is a signature application for Squeak.  I sincerely hope we
> will be able to have a cleanly accessible version for new users like
> me.

Here I am, late as ever :(

So, there was a mis-configuration for RefactoringBrowser by me.

Ok, given you have installed the
Current metacello (https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work)
then

Metacello new
	configuration: 'Seaside3';
	repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
	version: #stable;
	load: 'OneClick'.

Will give you a clean Seaside 3.1.4.2 in Squeak 5.0.
(I just tested that)

This will install OmniBrowser for the SeasideControlPanel.

I have an alternative one written in ToolBuilder for Squeak, so we no longer
depend on OB for just the SCP.

HOWEVER, WebClient-Seaside assumes the SCP to be present.
I have to break that up to make that more modular.

Gimme some time there ;)

I'll test with 3.2 as soon as I get around to do that.

Best regards
	-Tobias