[Seaside-dev] State of the Seaside repositories

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Sep 4 09:09:20 UTC 2017

Hey Philippe,

> - What is main development the repository for Grease 1.3?

Github.
See first line of README https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease>

> - What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.2?

Seaside 3.2 is on smalltalkhub and github.
I copied all changes to published versions of Seaside 3.2 (see ConfigurationOf) to github. The versions defined in the ConfigurationOf should be identical to those on github (see releases on github).

I would say: no changes to 3.2 should occur anymore.

> - What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.3?

Github! develop branch.
But you should check if changes on smalltalkhub are copied to github.
I only did some work in Grease to make the pending pull requests possible but there is more work needed.
And I had issues trying to check out the pull request code due to Iceberg format :( (but that may be me)

> In addition I noted that the GitHub and SmalltalkHub repositories are
> out of sync. There where several commits and packages that made it to
> SmalltalkHub Seaside32 but never ended on GitHub.

That may be the case but there have been conflicting changes on smalltalkhub as well.
So, I guess that’s confusing.

Perhaps we should sync via Slack. However, I have another meeting after lunch…

> If GitHub is the main repository I need to know whether we use
> filetree or IceBerg. In addition I need to know how to set them up and
> use them. See my mail from June [1].

The pull requests of Max use Iceberg but I have been having issues with it, so… I don’t know.
Safest bet would be filetree, but then again Iceberg would be the way forward.

Johan