[Seaside-dev] Load failure of Seaside3 into Squeak 5.2alpha

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Oct 5 02:57:14 UTC 2018

> On 2018-10-03, at 10:17 PM, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Tim,
>
> Interestingly, our build for Squeak 5.2 appears to work, with the exception of one failing test. I'll investigate over the weekend. Hopefully, your description well make initial debugging a bit easier for me.

I'll try to do a load test with a plain 5.2 image and the changed defaultPlatformAttributes method. Squeak 5.2 is very near release so it would be good to have Seaside ready to go. I see that there is an actual SqueakMap entry for release 3.2 which I didn't even get to notice before.

The very basic stuff certainly works and I offered a fix for the 'browse' button problem in the control panel doohickey.

The load instructions I followed were *not* found on the github site (though the actual metacello invocation was the same) but via the squeak.org projects page (the 'quick install' link). It's worth noting that they are there and will need updating if/when anything changes. The install-for-squeak link in seaside.st leads to that squeak.org page. It might be better to refer to the SqueakMap entry?

As ever, when looking for information there is chaos in your googling. So many out of date pages get listed, confusion can ensue and live is not as much fun as it should be.

tim
In /dev/null no one can hear you scream