[Seaside-dev] Load failure of Seaside3 into Squeak 5.2alpha

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:00:08 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

I've tested loading of Seaside with all of the methods you described:
- GitHub: works (3.2.5)
- Quick Install: works (3.2.5)
- SqueakMap: works (3.2.5)

I've tested this by creating an up to date Squeak-trunk image with
SmalltalkCI locally.
Can you give me a step by step instruction on how and wher you obtain
your 5.2 image until the point where you get an error? I didn't see a
single one and definitely did not have to hack the platform attributes.

We'll have to update the installation instructions for 3.3 to pull from
GitHub and not from SmalltalkHub. We'll also have to create a new
SqueakMap entry that fetches from GitHub.

The "Quick Install" thing seems out of place. Can we change that either
to the new invocation (the one that will point to GitHub) or,
preferrably, to point to GitHub instead? I can change the entry on
seaside.st but I don't know how I'd refer to the SqueakMap entry (or are
you suggesting to edit the Quick Install script to reference SqueakMap?
That would also be good, I guess. Still, I wouldn't know how).

Cheers,
Max