[Seaside] Re: Cann't show Unicode String from dynamic IDs ( kuo )

³¢¿í°ê seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Jan 13 16:48:36 CET 2003

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C2BB66.AC352EA0

>I would guess that this has to do with the String>>seaEscapeHtml =
method,
>which converts from Squeak's encoding to iso encoding with entities.
>Something to try might be to temporarily modify this method to simply =
"^
>self", to see if it is in fact the problem.
Thanks very much! the problems all go away after changing that method to =

"^self" as you instructed. The IAApplications all run happily and stably =
without
effect and my Chinese characters displayed correctly on the web page! =
How amazing it is.=20
By the way, somethings may be stupid to ask: 1). You mentioned that it =
might be a temporary way to do so, but the results are fine, are there =
other better resolutions that this one? please let me know. 2). Is the =
problems only specifically occurred on this relatively primitive =
edition, V0.92 which is the
only version available on Dolphin ( I used Dolphin because it is mature, =
Unicode compatible, stable and elegant Windows integration ), is the =
future edition of version 2.0 ups available which will solve any Unicode =
problems even on Squeak platforms? thanks again in advance.=20

Best regards.=20
Tsun Kuo.=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C2BB66.AC352EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbig5">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;I would guess that this has to do with the =
String&gt;&gt;seaEscapeHtml=20
method,<BR>&gt;which converts from Squeak's encoding to iso encoding =
with=20
entities.<BR>&gt;Something to try might be to temporarily modify this =
method to=20
simply "^<BR>&gt;self", to see if it is in fact the problem.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks very much! the problems all go away after changing that =
method to=20
</DIV>
<DIV>"^self" as you instructed. The IAApplications all run happily and =
stably=20
without</DIV>
<DIV>effect and my Chinese characters displayed correctly on the web =
page! How=20
amazing it is. </DIV>
<DIV>By the way, somethings may be stupid to ask: 1). You mentioned that =
it=20
might be a temporary way to do so, but the results are fine, are there =
other=20
better resolutions that this one? please let me know. 2). Is the =
problems only=20
specifically occurred on this relatively primitive edition, V0.92 which =
is=20
the</DIV>
<DIV>only version available on Dolphin ( I used Dolphin because it is =
mature,=20
Unicode compatible, stable and elegant Windows integration ), is the =
future=20
edition of version 2.0 ups available which will solve any Unicode =
problems even=20
on Squeak platforms? thanks again in advance. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Best regards. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Tsun Kuo. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C2BB66.AC352EA0--