[Seaside] Re: Latin-1 for SeaSide: howto?

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Thu Apr 1 13:09:58 CEST 2004

Avi> What I would suggest you do is subclass WAHtmlRenderer and do the
Avi> conversions there (if you override just #text: and
Avi> #textInputWithValue:callback:, you'll get nearly all the cases,
Avi> and you can fill in the gaps as you find them).  That lets you do
Avi> conversions for both input and output in the same place, and it's
Avi> easy to plug in - just override #rendererClass in your components
Avi> to return your Latin1Renderer.

Ok, I did just that. So far, I had to override text:,
textInputWithValue:callback:, title: and
valueInputOfType:value:callBack:.

The last one made me think of another method: what about adding two
class methods "externalizeString:" and "internalizeString:" to
WAHtmlRenderer? They would return their argument by default, and could
be overriden with "arg squeakToIso" or "arg isoToSqueak" in a
subclass. Likewise, they could be overriden to do utf-8 handling and
so on. Would you accept such a patch?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam