[Seaside] Re: Latin-1 for SeaSide: howto?

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Thu Apr 1 13:32:30 CEST 2004

Sam> The last one made me think of another method: what about adding
Sam> two class methods "externalizeString:" and "internalizeString:"
Sam> to WAHtmlRenderer? They would return their argument by default,
Sam> and could be overriden with "arg squeakToIso" or "arg
Sam> isoToSqueak" in a subclass. Likewise, they could be overriden to
Sam> do utf-8 handling and so on. Would you accept such a patch?

In fact, adding externalizeString: and internalizeString: to
WAHtmlBuilder made it very practical to do on-the-fly conversion,
without changing anything to the default behaviour.

In the attached changeset, I have also included my WAHtmlRendererIso,
which I now use in my application. This made it very simple to
manipulate data from within Squeak and from within the WWW application
with compatible accented characters in both.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam