[Seaside] (no subject)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 2 22:10:21 CEST 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Luke Holden wrote:

> First off... question... what exactly does the number next to the
> profile link represent? Does not hold any signifigance?

It represents the total number of bytes that are currently registered
for backtracking.  It's a good indicator of framework overhead, ie,
good for doing this kind of thing.

> anyways... at the start of the application I get:
>
> (number next to profile): 192
> (Memory Use): 532 instances in 18.9 kB
>
> after ~ 50 clicks (between two links...almost empty WAController
> objects:)
> (number next to profile): 1008
> (Memory Use): 4911 instances in 116.3 kB
>
> another ~ 50 clicks
> (number next to profile): 2004
> (Memory Use): 9109 instances in 189.4 kB

Ok, those numbers themselves look pretty typical, but I agree that
continuing to grow like that isn't good.  Can you email me the full
Memory Use profile at those points, with the breakdown by class?

> Phone# (250) 546-8544

You in the Okanagan somewhere?

Avi