[Seaside] Naming URLs

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Apr 15 15:00:12 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> I have three questions for which I cannot find an easy answer:
>
>  1- How can I name an URL so that the user can bookmark it (it doesn't
>  2- How can I get dynamic parameters ? I would like

In seaside 2.3, override #createRootFromRequest: in your session class to
process URL and initialize your app according to what you got from URL.
Use #addToPath: to put additional path into URL (it's ignored by seaside).

I assume a lot had changed in this area in seaside 2.5.

>  3- Where can I find information about this and SeaSide techniques in
>     general? Is there any Seaside wiki?

Not that I know of. In my experience asking here or bugging Avi/Julian on
IRC is a good way to get information.

Regards, radoslav