[Seaside] Re: Naming URLs

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Thu Apr 15 21:36:26 CEST 2004

Avi> To set the path, implement #updateUrl: in your components.  This
Avi> will get passed a WAUrl instance, which responds to #addToPath:
Avi> and #addParameter:value: (and will soon respond to #anchorName:).
Avi> Each active component gets a chance to modify it before every
Avi> redirect and response.

Great. However, I miss a functionality. In order to make some pages
bookmarkable, I'd like to call #addToPath: in some components and not
the others. Would it be possible to have a configuration option to
reset the path when links are followed?

For example, I want the "statistics" page to be bookmarkable. In its
component, I have implemented #updateUrl: which adds 'statistics' to
the path. How can I have links followed from this path not have
'statistics' in theirs? Seaside could build relative "../?xxx" URLs in
this case.

I'll think about it more than 3 minutes and let you go whether this is
really a problem or not for me. But I think it will force me to
#addToPath: in all my pages, even the static ones, to get rid of path
components added by previously seen pages.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam