[Seaside] Upgrading to 2.5a-avi.3

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Apr 17 06:54:10 CEST 2004

On Apr 16, 2004, at 9:37 PM, Colin Curtin wrote:

>> You have to implement the class side method #canBeRoot, and have it
>> return true.  Having a menu of every WAComponent was getting very
>> unwieldy.
>>
> Thank you for the quick response! Additionally, it seems that
> WAComponent>>#activeComponent and #activeController are both broken,
> as they try to call 'self delegate' when no such message exists (in
> either WAComponent or WAPresenter).

Ah, yes, they are.  This might be a better implementation, for now:

WAComponent>>activeComponent
	self visiblePresentersDo: [:ea |  ea isDecoration ifFalse: [^ ea]]

However, I'm considering deprecating #activeComponent, since
#visiblePresentersDo: is probably better for most purposes.  What are
you using it for?

Avi