[Seaside] Upgrading to 2.5a-avi.3

Colin Curtin alpine at umail.ucsb.edu
Sat Apr 17 09:14:26 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> However, I'm considering deprecating #activeComponent, since
> #visiblePresentersDo: is probably better for most purposes.  What are
> you using it for?

Essentially type checking to see if I should display some additional
features. For example:
(self activeComponent currentGallery) = self rootGallery
        ifTrue: [
            html divNamed: 'random_images' with: [ self
renderRandomImagesOn: html ].
            html divNamed: 'latest_images' with: [ self
renderLatestImagesOn: html ].
        ].

There are better ways to do this, but this is convenient for now. I'm
still trying to learn how Presenters, Components, and Decorations work
together.

Colin