[Seaside] Stupid question(s) of the month

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Apr 22 00:56:13 CEST 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 10:45 AM, Eduardo Di Santi wrote:

> Im really new in Seaside (its really awesome).
>
> Is there any way for me to change the <head> tag in a WAComponent ?

Do you mean the head tag itself, or items within the head section?
There are several methods inherited by HtmlRenderer that affect the
head section: #title:, #styleLinkWithUrl:, #scriptWithUrl:,
#metaTagNamed:content:, as well as the generic #headTag: and
#headTag:with:.

Actually changing the head tag itself (say, adding attributes to it) is
harder.  If that what's you want to do, what do you need it for/

> Is there any way to use my own css file.

Any WAComponent can implement #style to return a string of CSS.  Or,
you can use the #styleLinkWithUrl: method I mentioned above to
reference an external stylesheet hosted somewhere else.

Avi