[Seaside] Re: Seaside 2.5 and XML

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 23 20:35:27 CEST 2004

On Apr 23, 2004, at 6:16 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> To check the output of a simple test component I've looked at
>  the source of the generated HTML. Since it was not well indented
> I copied it to XMLSpy to automatically indent the file.

For future reference - toggle halos, and try the [S] link at the right
hand side of the halo bar of the part of the page you're interested in.

> XMLSpy told me that the
> output  is not well formatted XML. The problem is that all links
> Seaside generates
> contain a & sign which has a special meaning in XML and has to be
> translated to & to get valid xml.
>
> <foo bar="&"/> is not valid xml, but <foo bar="&amp;"/> is.
>
> Changing the Seaside output to valid XML in the future may help
> testing it using
> XML Parsers and Unit Frameworks.

Thanks - I hadn't run into this before.  It seems like a common issue.
For example, see
http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2003/02/17/urls_vs_xhtm/ .

I'll fix it.

Avi